If you installed CloneDeploy on Linux you should probably patch Samba. There is a new vulnerability that effects all versions over the last 7 years. As long as you didn’t open your smb share up to the internet(who would do that?) you should have little to worry about, but I would still patch anyway. Since we are on the topic, I’m guessing you know about WCry. Since CloneDeploy uses SMB shares to transfer images, make sure your Windows OS is patched to fix the SMB vulnerability in Windows also.
In addition to patch 1.2.1. CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP 2.0.2 was released to fix an issue where DHCP replies might not be sent fast enough under certain conditions. Finally, CloneDeployPE Builder 1.1.0 was released and adds an option to use without needing to login.
Special thanks to cocoon for providing the new dashboard and cfinnberg for fixing a couple bugs. Click here for the changelog.
- Complete code rewrite – more efficient now
- Fixes bug where the proxy server would not respond to requests forwarded by an ip helper / relay
- Added support for DHCP relays that use option 82
- Works properly on Linux with Mono now
- Added option to generate Apple NBI list string without the need for CloneDeploy Server
- Added support for WinPE – Needed for next CloneDeploy release
- Added integration with CloneDeploy to check for reservations stored in the CloneDeploy Web Interface – In next CloneDeploy release
- Grab the new version from the Downloads page
And now for some CloneDeploy 1.2.0 news:
- WinPE support is approximately 75% done
- A utility to easily create the WinPE imaging environment for use with CloneDeploy has been finished
- CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP has been updated to support WinPE
- Bug fixes and feature requests are under way
- Anticipated release date is late September – early October
- Adds support for different versions of OS X NBI’s to be served simultaneously
- Fixes a bug when using the Linux imaging environment where the minimum hard drive size required for the image is calculated incorrectly when using a File based image with LVM
- Fixes a bug when using the Linux imaging environment where LVM partitions do not deploy if the volume group or logical volume contains a dash(-) in the name
- Fixes a bug when using the Linux imaging environment where the On Demand image list is blank if you upgraded from a previous version
- Fixes a bug when using the macOS imaging environment where images could not be uploaded because the SMB share was connected as the read only user
- Fixes a bug when using the macOS imaging environment where the wrong logical block size may be used when creating the partitions
- Fixes a bug in the WebUI where the Approve Image option is available when it should not be
As usual I was hoping to get more into this release, but I felt it was time to release what was done. Click here for the changelog.
Important: This is currently only for new installations. I hope to have an upgrade pack as well as upgrade documentation available later this week. DO NOT attempt to upgrade until those are available.
This is a bug fix release. If you are upgrading, be sure to use the upgrade installer. The most notable fix for this release is the client boot image DHCP issue that seemed to be the most common issue according to the forums. It prevented users from logging in to the client boot image because an ip address was not obtained fast enough. I upped the timeout value, it was only 3 seconds before, hopefully it fixes the issue. If you are using the client iso, you must create a new one after you finish the upgrade. The other notable fix is overall compatibility for Mono(Linux Installs). Installation for Linux is now working and docs will be available soon. Full list of fixes:
* Fixes bug where multicast progress does not show in the web interface
* Fixes bug where images created using gzip compression do not deploy
* Fixes bug where OS X images do not deploy
* Fixes bug where On Demand does not work when setting On Demand Requires password to no
* Fixes bug where On Demand displays an uninformative error when no images have been added to the web ui first
* Fixes bug where changing the deploy image schema was not possible unless the partition method was set to dynamic
* Fixes incompatibilities when trying to run with Mono on Linux
* Fixes bug where logging in to the client boot image does not work because of a DHCP problem
* Fixes bug where setting the task completed action to power off results in a task not uploading or deploying
* Fixes bug during installation where on some systems the database was not created
The first CloneDeploy release is finally here. CloneDeploy is essentially the next version of CrucibleWDS. It has been rebuilt from the ground up and renamed to something more appropriate. In the coming weeks I will be updating this site and adding documentation. If you would like to give it a try before I finish the docs, feel free to ask any questions in the forums. Some quick notes.
Can be installed on:
- Win 7,8,10
- Server 2008,2012
Linux and FreeNAS will be coming after I finish the docs.